…to launch scheme August 24 in Calabar
The Cross River State Governor, Sir Ben Ayade, on Thursday constututed a 23-man Project Management Committee for the implementation of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme (AADS), in Cross River State.
This was made known in a statement signed by the Coordinator/Facilitator of the CBN Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme, Cross River State, Prince Michael Nku Abuo, and made available to journalists.
According to the statement for purpose of clarity the two agricultural focus of the state in line with the scheme are: Palm plantation and Livestock (Poultry-Broilers and Layers).
He noted that the scheme will be launched by Governor Ayade in Calabar, the Cross River State capital on August 24, 2020.
The statement reads in part, “In line with the guideline of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, in the implementation of the Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme, AADS in all states in the federation and the FCT.
“His Excellency, Sen Prof Benedict Ayade, the Executive Governor of Cross River State has approved the constitution of a project management committee of the AAD Scheme in Cross River State to ensure the effective and even distribution of the 10,000 beneficiaries across the 3 senatorial districts and 196 wards of the 18 LGAs thus:
1. Prof John Inyang, Hon Commissioner of Land.
2. Prince Michael Nku Abuo,State Coordinator of the Scheme
3. High Chief Tony Udiandeye.
4. Hon Asuquo Ekpenyong Jnr, Commissioner of Finance.
5. Hon Okon Nyong Owuna, Commissioner of Agriculture
6. Barr Alphonsus Eba, DG Due Process
7. His Royal Highness, the Paramount Ruler of Bakassi
8. Barr Mrs Tina Agbo, Secretary to the State Government
9. Rt Hon Marjorie Asuquo, Special Adviser Development Funding
10. Mrs Ajibike Agba, Special Adviser Community Enterprise Development
11. Rev Fr Malachy Ephraim
12. Mr Kingsley Obasse, Management Consultant
13. Mr Oscar Ofuka, Special Adviser/Chairman Cocoa Development
14. Barr Mrs Millioneth Okon, Legal Representation
15. Hon Emmanuel Ndem, Chairman of Akpabuyo and Chairman of Chairmen Forum
16. Hon Chris Ogar, State House of Assembly
17. Mr Paul Umoh, Director ICT
18. Hon Rita Ayim, Commissioner Ministry of Women Affairs
19. Mr Otu Otu Ita, SSA Fiscal Responsibility
20. Hon John Ateh, Leader of Cross River State Legislative Leaders Forum
21. Hon Joe Oshie Abang, Commissioner of ICT
22. Hon Lebo Edu, Special Adviser Agriculture
23. Amb Nkoyo Toyo, CEO Green Money
The statement also it made known that, “In addition the earlier inaugurated Local Government Coordinators are to form the Project Monitoring Committee of the scheme.”
Meanwhile, the statement disclosed that, “His Excellency, Sen Prof Benedict Ayade, the Executive Governor will officially launch the scheme in the state on the 24th of August, 2020 in Calabar at a venue to be communicated to all invited guests.”